Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 671 Posts

AOSP/Elemental X Compiling Guide - Linux Mint KDE & Ubuntu 13.04

I am making the switch to Linux Mint for my build environment. I am creating this thread to help others that might need assistance during the setup process. I am just adding notes as I go along.

https://github.com/nitroglycerine33/

How to Setup the Environment and Build Eclipse
    This is only for Linux Mint 14 64-bit! Make sure you install Mint 14 64-bit and all updates first! Now open a terminal and get going!

Install Sun Java JDK 6 (Google's instructions no longer work and I found this to be easier for new Linux users)
    Installing Sun JDK 6

Download the sun jdk 6 bin (not the RPM) fromhttp://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1859587.html.

Make the bin file executable:
    Code:
    chmod +x jdk-6u37-linux-x64.bin
    Extract the bin file:
    Code:
    ./jdk-6u37-linux-x64.bin
    Move extracted folder to this location:
    Code:
    sudo mv jdk1.6.0_37 /usr/lib/jvm/
    Install new java source in system:
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/javac javac /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_37/bin/javac 1
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_37/bin/java 1
    sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/javaws javaws /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_37/bin/javaws 1
    Choose default java:
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --config javac
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --config java
    sudo update-alternatives --config javaws
    java version test:
    Code:
    java -version
    Verify the symlinks all point to the new java location:
    Code:
    ls -la /etc/alternatives/java*

Installing Required Packages
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf dpkg-dev g++-4.7-multilib gcc-multilib build-essential zip curl  libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386 git linux-libc-dev pngcrush

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so

Option for quicker compiles when building for multiple devices
    Set up ccache - Put the following at the end of .profile and .bashrc in your home directory
    If you do not have a .bashrc file in your home directory create it now (please note the "." before bashrc

Code:
    export USE_CCACHE=1

*Note for later: The suggested cache size is 50-100GB. You will need to run the following command once you have downloaded the source code.

Code:
    prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/ccache/ccache -M 50G

Installing Repo
    Code:
    mkdir ~/bin
    PATH=~/bin:$PATH
    curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
    chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

Time to get the source!
    Code:
    mkdir ~/Eclipse
    cd ~/Eclipse

For Android 4.2.2
    repo init -u https://github.com/nitroglycerine33/android.git -b jb422
    repo sync

For Android 4.3
    repo init -u https://github.com/nitroglycerine33/android.git -b jb43
    repo sync

Drink a few beers and come back in 60-180 minutes depending on your internet connection

Build the Source!
    Code:
    cd ~/Eclipse
    make clean (only required if you want to build fresh)
    source build/envsetup.sh
    lunch
    (select which eclipse device, example: eclipse_toro)
    make eclipse -j* (or whatever your processor can handle such as j4)

* = number of threads your processor is. Using all available threads will leave the computer pretty useless but will build much faster. Standard dual core 2 duo would be j4, i5 would be j8, etc..
    It will build for about 60-120 minutes. When complete just flash the Eclipse/Elemental zip in the target folder!

If you are building for a device that has a cm.dependencies file in its device tree make sure you delete the following file before performing a repo sync to get the latest code.

Code:
    .repo -> local manifests -> delete roomservice.xml

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nitroglycerine33 For This Useful Post:

hedwig34 (03-06-2014),MasonDog (04-27-2013),spc_hicks09 (08-31-2013)

Thanks
    For those of you who like to compile I have resolved the sync issues. Feel free to sync and builld!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitroglycerine33 For This Useful Post:

hedwig34 (04-13-2013),spc_hicks09 (08-31-2013)

Thanks
    Great!, Just completed sync wit no errors. Thank man!

Thanks
    Successful compile and install of Grouper. I've also compiled for toro but can't install it because my wife stole my battery. But I'm sure it will work.

Thanks
    Sweet! I have some kernel source I need to push for grouper and toro. Been working on a lot of Sammy products as well as the LG Spectrum lol. I have the Spectrum booting, just a ton of services crashing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nitroglycerine33 For This Useful Post:

hedwig34 (04-15-2013)

Thanks
    Nice. Looking forward to a d2vzw. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Just got around to flashing the toro build from the other day. It is working fine as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Updating source code right now. Sync will be broken for the time being.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nitroglycerine33 For This Useful Post:

hedwig34 (04-23-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroglycerine33 View Post
    Updating source code right now. Sync will be broken for the time being.
    Nice! I've been checking github daily

I am using OctoDroid to check github. That app is way better than the github app. Thought I'd share if anybody else likes to keep tabs on what's going on out there in source code land.

Thanks
    Hi - Here's the problem I'm having with Toro Gnex right now: I just fetched and sync'd OK:

build result:

toro_build try 2013-04-23

mstein@malingi:/jb422$ repo sync
    Fetching projects: 100% (387/387), done.
    Syncing work tree: 100% (387/387), done.

mstein@malingi:/jb422$
    mstein@malingi:/jb422$ . build/envsetup.sh
    including device/asus/tilapia/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/generic/armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/generic/armv7-a/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/generic/mips/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/generic/x86/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/lge/mako/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/lge/vs920/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/motorola/xt907/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/motorola/xt925/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/motorola/xt926/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/samsung/d2spr/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/samsung/d2vzw/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/samsung/maguro/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/samsung/toroplus/vendorsetup.sh
    including device/ti/panda/vendorsetup.sh
    including vendor/eclipse/vendorsetup.sh
    including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
    mstein@malingi:/jb422$ lunch

You're building on Linux

Lunch menu... pick a combo:
    1. full-eng
    2. full_x86-eng
    3. vbox_x86-eng
    4. full_mips-eng
    5. full_tilapia-userdebug
    6. mini_armv7a_neon-userdebug
    7. mini_armv7a-userdebug
    8. mini_mips-userdebug
    9. mini_x86-userdebug
    10. full_mako-userdebug
    11. cm_vs920-userdebug
    12. cm_xt907-userdebug
    13. cm_xt925-userdebug
    14. full_xt925-userdebug
    15. full_xt926-userdebug
    16. cm_xt926-userdebug
    17. cm_d2spr-eng
    18. cm_d2vzw-eng
    19. full_maguro-userdebug
    20. full_toroplus-userdebug
    21. full_panda-userdebug
    22. eclipse_grouper-userdebug
    23. eclipse_manta-userdebug
    24. eclipse_spectrum-userdebug
    25. eclipse_toro-userdebug
    26. eclipse_t0tlte-userdebug

Which would you like? [full-eng] 25
    Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?

============================================
    PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
    PLATFORM_VERSION=4.2.2
    TARGET_PRODUCT=eclipse_toro
    TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
    TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
    TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
    TARGET_ARCH=arm
    TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
    HOST_ARCH=x86
    HOST_OS=linux
    HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.2.0-40-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-12.04-precise
    HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
    BUILD_ID=JDQ39
    OUT_DIR=/jb422/out

mstein@malingi:/jb422$ make eclipse -j4
    PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
    PLATFORM_VERSION=4.2.2
    TARGET_PRODUCT=eclipse_toro
    TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
    TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
    TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
    TARGET_ARCH=arm
    TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
    HOST_ARCH=x86
    HOST_OS=linux
    HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.2.0-40-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-12.04-precise
    HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
    BUILD_ID=JDQ39
    OUT_DIR=/jb422/out
    find: `fmradio/java': No such file or directory
    find: `fmradio/java': No such file or directory
    find: `../../vendor/unbundled_google/libs/gcm/gcm-client/src': No such file or directory
    find: `../../vendor/unbundled_google/libs/gcm/gcm-server/src': No such file or directory
    find: `../../vendor/unbundled_google/libs/gcm/gcm-client/src': No such file or directory
    find: `../../vendor/unbundled_google/libs/gcm/gcm-server/src': No such file or directory
    find: `src': No such file or directory
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/Effect_Tick.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/Effect_Tick.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/KeypressStandard.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/KeypressStandard.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/KeypressSpacebar.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/KeypressSpacebar.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/KeypressDelete.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/KeypressDelete.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/KeypressReturn.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/KeypressReturn.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/VideoRecord.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/camera_click.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/LowBattery.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/LowBattery.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/Dock.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/Dock.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/Undock.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/Undock.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/Lock.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/Lock.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/Unlock.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/Unlock.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Sceptrum.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Sceptrum.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/KeypressStandard_120.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/KeypressStandard.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/KeypressSpacebar_120.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/KeypressSpacebar.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/KeypressDelete_120.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/KeypressDelete.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/effects/ogg/KeypressReturn_120.ogg:system/media/audio/ui/KeypressReturn.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/notifications/ogg/Capella.ogg:system/media/audio/notifications/Capella.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/notifications/ogg/CetiAlpha.ogg:system/media/audio/notifications/CetiAlpha.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/notifications/ogg/Polaris.ogg:system/media/audio/notifications/Polaris.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/notifications/ogg/Pollux.ogg:system/media/audio/notifications/Pollux.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/notifications/ogg/Procyon.ogg:system/media/audio/notifications/Procyon.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Aquila.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Aquila.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/ArgoNavis.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/ArgoNavis.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Carina.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Carina.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Centaurus.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Centaurus.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Cygnus.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Cygnus.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Draco.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Draco.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Machina.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Machina.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Orion.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Orion.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Pegasus.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Pegasus.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Pyxis.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Pyxis.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Rigel.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Rigel.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Scarabaeus.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Scarabaeus.ogg ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES frameworks/base/data/sounds/ringtones/ogg/Solarium.ogg:system/media/audio/ringtones/Solarium.ogg ignored.
    build/core/Makefile:44: warning: overriding commands for target `/jb422/out/target/product/toro/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf'
    build/core/base_rules.mk:502: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/jb422/out/target/product/toro/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf'
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES device/samsung/tuna/bcmdhd.cal:system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd.cal ignored.
    PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/eclipse/prebuilt/common/etc/gps-cdma.conf:system/etc/gps.conf ignored.
    No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE toro
    make: *** No rule to make target `eclipse'. Stop.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast